All our fabric and textiles are at Guaranteed competitive prices.
Stock Clearances, Textile, Fabric and Apparel Auctions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Collection Times Monday to Friday 9:30 am. to 12:45 pm
14:00pm to 16:00 pm
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arise between the bidders, or any mistake made, the lot to be put up again for auction immediately after the dispute, or the Auctioneer may declare the purchaser. All lots are sold without a reserve price.
2. Each lot purchased is subject to a charge of 10% of the hammer price.
3. The advance in the bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer, who is to be the sole arbiter in any matter of dispute or mistake. He also reserves to himself the right, (a) of bidding on behalf of the vendor, (b) to refuse any bidding, (c) to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots, or to submit the lots in any order without regard to the position of same in the Auctioneers Catalogue, as may be deemed advisable.
4. Prospective purchasers are, immediately on arrival, to complete a registration form giving their names and addresses or provide a business card. They will be given a number which they must use to indicate their bids and which the Auctioneer will use as a record of the purchaser. At the Auctioneers discretion the purchaser will pay down a deposit in cash of 25% of the purchase price, or such other sum as the Auctioneer may choose (each deposit to be applicable to any lot or lots purchased). In default of this the lot or lots purchased will be put up again and re-sold.
5. It is the vendor’s responsibility to provide the correct quantities, measurements and descriptions and it is believed that those stated are correct, but all lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. The Auctioneers act as agents, they are not responsible for errors of description or of genuineness or authenticity of any lot or for any fault or defect in it. The Auctioneers make no warranty whatever.
6. All lots must be paid for, before removal, by cash or bankers draft to the Auctioneer immediately the auction is concluded and must be taken away from the premises, with all faults and errors of description, at the purchasers expense and risk within 24 hours of the auction, time to be considered the essence of the contract. No lot or lots can be removed during the auction, nor until the whole of the purchasers account has been paid in full. Purchasers wishing to pay by cheque must be prepared to wait until the cheque is agreed cleared. Payment by credit card is accepted, a surcharge of 3% is made for payments of this nature. No person is to be entitled to anything not described in the lots. If goods are required to be taken away on pallets a charge of £3 per pallet will be made.
7. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same, principles being considered responsible for the acts of their servants. The Auctioneers reserve the right to stop the removal of any lot or lots until such damage has been made good or a deposit left to cover the cost of the necessary repairs.
8. The Auctioneers will not accept responsibility for any accident or damage to life or limb which may occur prior to or during the progress of the auction or at any time during the removal of the lots
9. The Auctioneers reserve the right of making an allowance for the whole or any portion of a lot not delivered for any cause whatsoever, at the same rate as such a lot was purchased; and inasmuch as the Auctioneers act only as agents for the Vendors, they shall not be considered responsible for any default on the part of either the vendor or purchaser.
10. Any lots remaining unpaid for, or not collected, within 7 working days are liable to be re-sold. Any money deposited shall be forfeited and the costs of re-sale, including any deficiency arising there from, shall be made good by the purchaser.
11. VAT. will be added to Sale bills at the appropriate rate.
12. The responsibility for insuring goods lies with the Vendor/Purchaser and the Auctioneers accepts no liability for any loss or damage to the goods.
13. No lots to be transferred.
14. Any lots not collected within 7 working days a will be subject to a storage charge of £5.00 per pallet per day from the day of sale.
CONDITIONS OF SALE SPECIFIC TO VENDOR
2. It is the vendors responsibility to provide the correct quantities, measurements and descriptions, but all lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. The Auctioneers act as agents, they are not responsible for errors of description or of genuineness or authenticity of any lot or for any fault or defect in it. The Auctioneers make no warranty whatever.
3. The Auctioneers reserve the right of making an allowance for the whole or any portion of a lot not delivered for any cause whatsoever, at the same rate as such a lot was purchased; and inasmuch as the Auctioneers act only as agents for the Vendors, they shall not be considered responsible for any default on the part of either the vendor or purchaser.
4. The Auctioneers commission is 17.5% of the sale price, and this amount, plus VAT at the appropriate rate, will be deducted from the payment to the Vendor. There is, at our discretion a £30.00 minimum commission charge - to discourage the delivery to us of very substandard goods. Settlement will be made within 14 days of the auction.
5. The responsibility for insuring goods lies with the Vendor and the Auctioneers accept no liability for any loss or damage to the goods.
6. No deliveries will be accepted unless prior arrangements have been agreed.
7. All goods must be delivered on pallets (which can be supplied) unless other arrangements are made.
A Division of Dewhurst Dent Plc
Our sister Company, Hersil Fabrics, is one or the largest Buyers & sellers (Retail & Manufacturing) of bankrupt stock and end of line material in the United Kingdom.
Tel: 01204 399619